Dec 19, 2006

Make that a "Bleeding Heart Libeal Single Lesbian"

Recently I went on a date with a girl I knew I would not be compatible with. I met this girl at a bar (a straight bar too) , we'll call her L. She happened to know a friend I was there with and once she found out I was gay this girl was all up in my business.. At the end of the night, after carefully avoiding her ( because she was a stereotypical bisexual party girl) she insisted I give her my number, which I did to be nice but most likely shouldn't have. That was over the summer and ever since she's been texting or calling me to convince me to let her take me out..

So, I gave in, not because I thought this would work, but because I felt bad about blowing her off, and I finally had time post-exam week.

I decided that hanging out alone probably wouldn't be comfortable for me considering I knew we were going to have very little in common, so the friend of mine that she knew, along with a group of girls from work all went to a bar and bowling..

i picked up L. from her house and we drove to meet my friends to go bowling, as soon as we left her house she goes.."shit i forgot my pot.. want me to go get it?" (not so much.. I dont want to smoke pot on the first date..) .. and then she says.."do you think they'll card us.. I really want to DRINK! I brought my fake id!!!" (strike two.. i dont want to get drunk on the first date ) and considering the friends we were hanging out with, most of them are pretty clean and squeeky.. so i was a little nervous.. butI asked her tons of questions on the ride up there.. and that was nice (she has not so accepting alcoholic parents, she was the areas first female wrestler in high school, a cheerleader, and all around athlete)).. and we had a fun time bowling..i bowled the best i've ever bowled..and she was flirty and i was ignoring it a little... she paid for bowling..which was nice.. after that we went to my friends house for a minute and then out driving around looking at xmas lights.... and then..

Dun..dun..dun...

we got in a huge discussion about religion in politics.. first.. she says she isnt religious but spiritual.. so im thinking ok she's not really into god .. maybe into just life in general like me..so i say something like...."ugh yeah..me too i m not really into the god stuff AT ALL" and she looks at me, completely disgusted..and goes on to explain that she is into god.. A LOT.. and that she just isnt into the rules of the bible as much......oh..hmm... shit .. well that's great, i offended her, onwards..

then we start talking about how im so political.. and she goes.."im a republican.. " and i laugh and she's serious.. WHAT?! ok.."what about gay marriage? and abortion?" She says, "i dont think gay marriage should be legal, if we got together and stayed that way forever i would NOT marry you because its just not moral.. and i'm pro-life".. so i go on to explain that i am a very hard core bleeding liberal.. and she's a conservative with some liberal tendencies.. like.. making out with girls and smoking pot.. .. great.. listening to her express her conservative opinions.. made my stumach a little upset.. which is terrible.. i should be open minded.. but when she said that about gay marriage.. i literally STOPPED THE CAR.. and said.."you have GOT to be shitting me.."... she was shitting me not! .... so obviously both of us got a little uncomfortable.. she went from being insanely crazy about me all night.. to really tense.. i hit a nerve... i joked and was like.."see now you dont like me"....she said.."dont worry baby,i can change you" to which i stopped the car once again to give her an.. "awww heeeelll no face"

we went to her house..she invited me inside.. i sat in the bathroom while she took out her contact lenses.. which were blue.. that covered the darkest brown eyes i've ever..ever.. ever.. seen.. she's a beauuuutiful girl.. and she's funny.. but i could never date someone.. who doesnt believe in equal rights.. and not that i was planning on dating her.. i just.. accepted a date invitation to hang out and get to know her.. and maybe make a new friend.. i went into knowing i didnt want anything more..but now that we arent politically compatible.. i'm a little sad.. just because.. here is this girl who is going to date a women one day.. yet the whole time she's going to believe what she's doing is wrong.. i couldnt put myself through that....

after all this.. she thought she was still going to kiss me..to which i said.. "I can't kiss you because you're a republican".. i can't believe i said it.. hahaha..

so after i left her house.. i was certain i wouldn't really hear from her for a couple days..which is fine.. absolutely fine.. i dialed my friends up right away to tell them about how my wild party girl date ended up being supe politically conservative.. and then.. she called me to say that she was thinking about me a lot.. and that she had a good time.. and that we can agree to disagree and that she liked my "little opinions", little opinions? bullshit, those are deep rooted beliefs, "little opinions" large enough give me the worst bad-date-stomach-ache .... oh man, she still likes me..

i respect everyones beliefs and opinions.. but if im going to be with someone, or date someone, or whatever.. that is one of the most important things for me to be compatible with.. is political and religious veiws....

she was a really nice girl, fun, loud, affectionate, beautiful, but the wild party girl with a conervative agenda is definately not my type.


wow, i still can't believe i managed thro

No comments: